Whether you’re already a resident, or you’re just now looking at Davie homes for sale, you’ll find lots of holiday activities in and around the city. Here are just a few!
Fort Lauderdale Evening Holiday Lights Cruises: December 17-28, 2015
This cruise will let you see the holiday decorations of many of Ft. Lauderdale’s ”rich and famous” from the water. The Fort Lauderdale lights at night are magnificent to see. Add to that the holiday lights and decorations of multi-million dollar yachts and mansions, and you have an evening in a holiday wonderland.
Winterfest Boat Parade: December 12, 2015
Another event for water lovers. The Winterfest Boat Parade is an extravaganza of richly-decorated boats and yachts floating Along the New River to the Intracoastal to Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach. That route provides 12 miles of shoreline to watch the holiday boats go by. For 2015, which is the Parade’s 44th year, the Grand Marshall for the parade is Nick Cannon. It’s a must see for the holidays.
If you want a view from the water yourself, you can get close to the lights, music, television stars, beauty queens and singing groups on the Liberty Belle, one of the largest vessels in South Florida. While aboard, you’ll dine on a 3-course meal right in the middle of the festivities.
Do you want to really join in the fun? Enter your own boat. There are categories for charter, commercial, classic, sailboat, showboat and others. The fee to enter is only $35. The expensive part is the decoration budget!
Santa’s Little Helpers: December 12, 13, 19 & 20
The Flamingo Gardens hosts this event that includes a train ride to Santa’s workshop, play time and helping the elves make presents to keep or for gifts.
Broward County hosts a variety of local events to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Lighthouse A’Glow, 12-2-15: Join in at the Lighthouse Point event with Santa, holiday treats and caroling.
- The Nutcracker, 12-12-15: The Russian Ballet of Orlando presents this Christmas classic at the Sunrise Civic Center Theatre in Sunrise, Florida
- Light Up Sistrunk, 12-4-15: Join the revelers on Sistruck Boulevard in Ft. Lauderdale for food, fun, a tree lighting, Santa and even snow!
- Light Up Cooper City, 12-4-15: You’ll enjoy the official lighting of the Cooper City streets, performances by area youth, children’s activities and a craft show. And, can’t forget that Santa will be there, too!
- Coral Springs Joining Forces Holiday Parade, 12-9-15: If your kids love superheroes, they’ll be delighted when their most beloved superheroes come together to celebrate the holidaiy. There’s a holiday parade and entertainment.
The holidays are a very special time in the Davie area. If you’re planning to check out some Davie homes for sale in between the celebrations, give us a call at 954-242-8030. We’ll be glad to point out the sights and find your perfect home at the same time.