If you love the outdoors – and most people looking at Davie FL homes for sale do – you’ll want to check out the Everglades Day Safari. It’s fun for the whole family, and it ranks No. 1 on TripAdvisor for outdoor activities in Davie. In fact, it has a 5 out of 5 rating on TripAdvisor, based on about 300 reviews!
The Everglades Day Safari is Eco-Certified
If you’re concerned about boatloads of visitors ruining the everglades, never fear. The Everglades Day Safari is a Florida Society for Ethical Ecotourism (Florida SEE) Gold Certified Ecotour Operator. This certification isn’t easy to come by. The Safari hosted two different Florida SEE Assessors who hitched a ride on the full day safari. The Gold status indicates that the Safari operators go far above what an ecotour company could be expected to do to protect the environment and wildlife.
You can start your tour from several hotels around the Fort Lauderdale area. But, residents of Davie just need to go to the Flamingo Gardens to be transported to the everglades.
The Full-Day Safari
The full-day Everglades Day Safari runs from approximately 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s a full day of fun and adventure, with a good bit of education thrown in, too.
A well-educated and highly-trained naturalist will guide you during the tour. You’ll learn a lot about the everglades, and the birds and animals that inhabit it. Each tour includes transportation to the everglades and an expansive lunch. Here’s what you’ll see during the day:
- A Nature Walk: You’ll take a leisurely stroll into the cypress swamp forests that are home to owls, woodpeckers, and raccoons. Beautiful orchids, ferns and vines decorate a landscape that you won’t see anywhere else.
- A Boat Cruise: The hour you spend on the boat will fly by as you tour the Everglads National Park’s “10,000 Islands.”
- A Southern Lunch: Served in the town of Everglades City, you’ll be able to sample their wonderful seafood. If that’s not your preference, you can also choose a veggie wrap, chicken sandwich or a good old hamburger.
- A Wildlife Drive: You’ll be amazed at the open savannahs of the 720,000 acre National Preserve in the Everglades.
- An Airboat Ride: You’ll float on air above the “River of Grass” in the National Park. You’ll search for alligators and the many birds that inhabit the area.
The Half-Day Safari
Captain Bob’s Excellent Adventure is a half-day tour that includes an airboat ride in the River of Grass and a Gator Show that brings you safely up close to Florida’s famous alligators. The Excellent Adventure runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Speaking of guides. . . If you’re thinking of buying or selling in Davie or the surrounding areas, you’ll get the expert guidance you’d expect from local real estate experts when you work with the Teri Arbogast Team. Call us at 954-242-8030 or send an email!